January 08, 2019
Our top 5 picks include: the , the , , and .
Authors have limited budgets to spend on marketing. So, where should an author spend their money? If you’re an author and you want to get the best bang for your buck, award programs can help you get noticed. But, there are so many award programs out there, it can be difficult to know which one to apply to.
It’s best to look for programs that have positive testimonials from previous winners, award prizes that guarantee exposure to readers and industry professionals, reasonable entry fees, a large number of categories that specifically relate to ones’ book and clear judging criteria. Here are the top 5 book awards for authors to enter in 2019:
- The Independent Publisher Book Awards (IPPY Awards) honors independently published titles from around the world. The awards are intended to bring increased recognition to independent, university, and self-published books released each year. Entry fees are $95 per title per category. Regional and E-Book categories are $55 when added to a national category entry. The competition has over 85 categories that recognizes books based on editorial and design criteria, including: writing, organization, clarity, layout and design. Previous winners have shared the benefit of the award in receiving recognition for their work and connecting with industry professionals. To learn more, visit:
- The Book Excellence Awards is an international book awards competition dedicated to helping both independent and traditionally published authors and publishers increase their visibility, credibility and book sales. The awards have 100+ categories that recognize excellence in a book’s writing, design and overall market appeal. Entry fees are $110 per title and $59 for each additional category. Previous Winners and Finalists of the Book Excellence Awards have doubled their book sales, garnered attention from film producers, received distribution in book stores and increased their visibility and media attention. To learn more about the awards program, visit:
– Readers’ Favorite is owned and operated by authors for authors. Authors need feedback and exposure, and the organization provides this in part through their respected annual book award contest. The competition offers 140+ categories for entry. Entry fees are $119 per title and $65 for each additional category (early bird discounts are available). Winners of the award have shared reviews on the award’s positive impact on their book sales and overall exposure. To learn more about the competition, visit:
– The IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards was started to honor publishers who produce quality titles and to teach publishers how they can compete in the world of book publishing. The awards include 54 categories that recognize excellence in book editorial and design. Entry fees are $225 for non-members and $95 for IBPA members. Previous winners of the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards have shared the benefit of having their work recognized as independent publishers in the same spirit of Benjamin Franklin himself. To learn more about the awards, visit:
– The ReaderViews Literary Awards were established to honor writers who self-published or had their books published by a subsidy publisher, small press, university press, or independent book publisher geared for the North American reading audience. The awards have over 50 categories that recognize a book for its originality, presentation, innovation, social relevance, and enjoyment. Entry fees are $110.00 per title and $25.00 for each additional category. Past winners have cited increases in book sales and exposure as main benefits of participating in the competition. To learn more about the competition, visit:
This list was compiled to help authors find book award competitions that will help them increase their exposure, book sales, and connections to readers and leaders of the publishing industry. To read more reviews of other book award competitions, visit: .
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. This Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact support [at] perpetualwire.com.